Thursday, May 7, 2015

On The Cutting Edge...

Coming into this job, I never thought I would buy a new SUV. Just a year ago I had bought a Durango and really had no intentions of getting anything anytime soon. I loved my Durango and everything about it. What I did not know is how much I would fall in love with the new Edge.

A week ago we received our first 2015 Edge and it happened to be a Sport. What struck me first was the color. Ford came out with a new color called Spiced Metallic. It's a very bold color. Let's just say most people here either loved it or hated it right away. Me, I loved it. It's different. I'm typically a white car, black accent type of gal, but this Spiced Metallic really caught my eye.

So yea, the color lured me in a little closer. Like I said, I didn't need a car. There was something about this dang Edge, however that kept me thinking. Maybe it's the fact that my desk faces the incoming cars and it was literally in my face 24/7. Just for kicks I talked about it with my husband. Being an engineer, he typically goes into things with a fine tooth comb and judges everything to the point that it exhausts you. On top of that, he's a car freak and knows almost everything about a lot of cars. To my surprise, he told me that if I could get the payments lower than what I was paying on my Durango that I should possibly get the car.

To make the long story short, two days after receiving the Edge, it was mine!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, why do I suggest anyone looking for a smaller SUV to check out the new Edge? Here's  a couple reasons why...

1. New Looks
Awesome Tail Lights!
- Ford got rid of the "grandma," "bubble car" look that previous models had. The new Edge is a lot more angular, which should appeal to a lot of younger folk.
- The tail lights now span across the entire back of the vehicle. They're LED and look fierce!
- Ford added LED daytime running lights in the front on models SEL and up, catching on to the current fad most other manufacturers are doing. These look sick and give the car a more luxurious face-lift.
- The grille is a little different than before. I actually prefer the extended, older model grille. That's about it though.
- There's almost no need to get a 2016 Lincoln MKX either. They still have a bit of the old look to them, but they come with more options for wheels and such, so be my guest.
- The interior is pretty much the same except the buttons are now buttons instead of touch.

2. Cargo Space
- Holy cats! When I went grocery shopping the other day I didn't expect THAT much cargo space in the back. It has at least twice the space my Durango had. I plan on putting my subwoofer into this car and there will still be PLENTY of room for knick knacks. That's not even with the seats folded down. (Our dog will enjoy the room)

3. Electronics
- I have yet to hear the sound system in the other Edge models, but the Sony system lives up to its name. I'm a huge audiophile and a lot of my research and choice in a car has to do with the sound system. While the bass has room for improvement [buy a sub ;)] the treble and mids are pretty clean. The Durango's sound system was slightly better, but I still find the Edge's pretty good.
- I don't get the beef with Ford's Sync system. It's FANTASTIC. Dodge needs to get some tips from Ford because UConnect is not up to par. Sync instantly recognizes my phone and the hands-free system works pretty much flawlessly. The user interface gives you information on what's happening in your vehicle in four sections and it's easy to navigate to what you want. Some say there are too many ways to get to things. Aren't options a good thing?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Now I'm not just trying to promote the Edge because I work for Ford. This is my first Ford I've owned. My husband owns a BMW xDrive 335i, so we're not exactly brand loyal to anything. But seriously, if you or someone you know is in the market for an SUV, take a look at the 21015 Edge. Even better, send them to Victory Ford!

1 comment:

  1. I must say that your SUV is nice. I am not usually fond of bold colors, but this one grabbed my attention. Any time you make an investment it's vital to get the full benefits of the product. Not only does it appear that you are enjoying the Edge, but the fact that your husband loves it is a plus.

    Kourtney @ Thomas Sales and Service Ford

    ReplyDelete